Dad preferred to keep his hair in a neat brush-cut.
Often though, as the years crept up on him,
he'd let his silvery brush-cut grow long and his hair would stand straight out from his head.
When his hair was like that
I'd tell him he looked like
a dandelion
I'd tell him he looked like
a dandelion
gone to seed.
He'd
laugh and agree...
He'd
laugh and agree...
Dad passed on in June of 2008
but every time I see
a dandelion gone to seed
I think of Dad,
of laughing with him,
and
of his silvery brush-cut.
thanks for sharing your hearts thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to remember your dad. Love this entry.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had known Uncle John better just as I wish I had known all my mother's siblings better. It makes me sad...
ReplyDeleteBut I'm glad to be in contact with my mother's sibling's children and grandchildren ♥♥♥